LIV Student –Ireland
If you're living in LIV Student—Ireland accommodation there is some good news; you automatically have a basic level of insurance cover in place with us. This insurance will provide a range of cover for your possessions within your accommodation such as cover for your laptop, electrical goods, clothes, sports equipment and frozen food. This insurance has been arranged by LIV Student—Ireland with Cover4Students.
You will find a summary of the cover below. We recommend that you download and read the policy schedule and policy wording; ensuring that you understand the cover provided and that it is suitable for your needs.
You may find that you need more cover than is provided already. Don't worry – there is a section below listing the range of optional top up covers that are available. For example, you may wish to insure items outside of your accommodation such as a laptop or tablet or you may wish to add mobile phone insurance.
For students resident in LIV Student Accommodation UK click here.
Enter a free competition to win €500
How Much Am I Insured For?
Your possessions are insured inside of your accommodation for up to €5,000 in total. In addition, a further €750 cover is provided for desktop computer equipment within your accommodation and €750 for laptops and tablets within your accommodation.
What Is Covered:
- Personal possessions within the insured address — up to €5,000.
- Replacement locks & keys — up to €250.
- Desktop computer equipment — up to €750.
- iPads laptops & portable computer equipment | room only — up to €750.
- Rental protection — up to €500.
- Personal accident — up to €15,000.
- College | university property on loan — up to €500.
- Landlords property | tenants liability — up to €5,000.
- Accidental death, injury or illness of a financially.
- Supporting parent or guardian — up to €10,000.
- Mobile phone | room only — up to €250.
- Musical instruments | room only — up to €600.
We strongly recommend that you read the policy wording document to see a full list of the terms and conditions that apply to your policy with us. These can be downloaded from the Claims tab.
What Is Not Insured:
- The first €50 of any claim.
- Cover outside your accommodation.
- Theft from motor vehicles (except where attended during transit at the beginning and end of each term).
- Pedal cycles.
- Contact lenses.
Maximum Amounts Payable:
The following categories of items are subject to a maximum amount payable during the period of insurance.
- Personal possessions single item limit – €1,000.
- Desktop computer equipment – up to €750 in total.
- Laptops and portable computers - up to €750 in total.
- Collection of CDs, DVDs & other data carrying media - up to €1,000 in total.
- Mobile phones - up to €250 in total.
- Musical instruments - up to €600 in total.
Your Duty of Care
You must, at all times, take all reasonable steps to prevent accidents, loss and damage.
How to view the policy documents
The policy documents are available as PDFs.
To view these documents you will need a PDF reader.
Download Adobe Reader from the Adobe website or visit Access Adobe for help.
To view your documents, please click on the links below.
|Policies For The Year: 2020—21|
|Master Policy Schedule (229KB)|
|Policy Wording (443KB)|
|Policy IPID† (240KB)|
To start the claims process, please complete the correct Claims Form provided below. Before submitting your claim, please read your policy schedule to make sure you are covered and have a valid claim.
Fill out the online claims form here: Claims Form
Phone: 0161 974 1101
Cover4students Claims Team,
Stream Claims Services,
Newcastle under Lyme,
If you have a valid claim, complete apropriate claim form and return it along with:
- Receipts, bills, valuations or repair estimates as appropriate for all claims for loss or damage.
- Full details of accident or injury and early prognosis for personal accident claims.
All claims for theft or loss must be reported to the police.