If you're living in GoodEnough College accommodation there is some good news; you automatically have a basic level of insurance cover in place with us.
This insurance will provide a range of cover for your possessions within your accommodation such as cover for your laptop, electrical goods, clothes and sports equipment. This insurance has been arranged by your accommodation provider with Cover4Students.
You will find a summary of the cover in the Benefits tab. We recommend that you download and read the policy schedule and policy wording; ensuring that you understand the cover provided and that it is suitable for your needs.
You may find that you need more cover than is provided already. Don't worry - there is a section below listing the range of optional top up covers that are available. For example, you may wish to insure items outside of your student accommodation such as a laptop or tablet or you may wish to add Mobile Phone Insurance (as Mobiles are excluded from the basic cover).
How Much Am I Insured For?
Your possessions are insured inside of your accommodation for up to £4,000 in total. In addition a further £2,000 cover is provided for computer equipment (including laptops) within your accommodation.
What Is Covered:
- Personal possessions - up to £4,000 in total.
- Computer equipment - up to £2,000 in total.
- Landlord’s property - up to £5,000 for theft or fire damage.
- In direct transit at the beginning and end of each university term - up to £4,000.
- In university designated storage during vacations - up to £4,000 , for theft from forcible entry.
- In university and student union buildings - up to £500, for theft following forcible entry.
- Library books - up to £250.
- College / university property on loan - up to £250.
- Replacement locks & keys - up to £50, following damage resulting from burglary.
- Rented household goods - up to £1,167.
- Personal money - up to £50, for theft from your room following forcible entry.
- Credit/debit card fraud - up to £500, for theft from your room following forcible entry.
- Personal accident - up to £10,000, on a scale of benefits.
- Legal liability - up to £1,000,000 for injury to others or damage to their property.
Important: You may need to extend the basic policy cover to protect your valuable items such as your mobile phone, ipod, bicycle etc if you are taking them out and about (travelling to and from university).
We strongly recommend that you read the full terms contained in the policy wording document to see A full list of the terms and conditions that govern your policy with us. These can be downloaded from the Policy Documents / Claims tab.
What Is Not Insured:
- The policy excess:
- Laptops & portable computer equipment: The first £50 of any loss.
- All other sections: The first £25 of any loss.
- Theft from vehicles (except where attended during transit at the beginning and end of each term).
- Contact lenses.
- Pedal cycles and mobile telephones (unless basic cover is extended).
- Cover outside of your accommodation (unless basic cover is extended).
Maximum Amounts Payable:
The following categories of items are subject to a maximum amount payable during the period of insurance.
- Possessions single item limit — £1,167.
- Computer equipment — up to £2,000 in total.
- Audio equipment — up to £1,167 in total.
- TV, games consoles, video & dvd players — up to £1,167 in total.
- Photographic equipment, video cameras & camcorders — up to £1,167 in total.
- Jewellery, watches and other valuables — up to £1,167 in total.
- Liability for rented household goods — up to £1,167 in total.
- Music, video, dvd, software & other data carrying media — up to £350 in total.
Your Duty of Care
You must, at all times, take all reasonable steps to prevent accidents, loss and damage.
If you purchase a Top Up Cover to your Blockhalls Insurance from Cover4Students, we will send you an email confirming your purchase of cover and provide you with your personal policy schedule, policy wording and key facts documents.
You will also have the option for a printed copy to be sent via post subject to an additional postage premium being paid.
We also provide the option below for you to view and download the Master Policy Schedule, Policy Wording and Key Facts documents so that you can view prior to purchase or at any time after.
How to view the policy documents
The policy documents are available as PDFs.
To view these documents you will need a PDF reader.
Download Adobe Reader from the Adobe website or visit Access Adobe for help.
To view your documents, please click on the links below.
|Policies For The Year: 2017—18||Policies For The Year: 2016—17|
|Master Policy Schedule (239 KB)||(239 KB) Master Policy Schedule|
|Policy Wording (1.12MB)||(1.01MB) Policy Wording|
|Policy Summary (619KB)||(611KB) Policy Summary|
To start the claims process, please complete the correct Claims Form provided below. Before submitting your claim, please read your policy schedule to make sure you are covered and have a valid claim.
Fill out the online claims form here: Claims Form
Phone: 0161 974 1101
Cover4students Claims Team,
Stream Claim Solutions,
60 Spring Gardens,
If you have a valid claim, complete the claim form with, where possible:
- Receipts, bills, valuations or repair estimates as appropriate for all claims for loss or damage.
- Full details of accident or injury and early prognosis for personal accident claims.
All claims for theft or loss must be reported to the police.
Why Extend My Cover?
In order to help you decide if you need to top up your cover, we have devised a few standard questions:
- Are your total possessions worth more than £4,000 (excluding computer equipment)?
If yes, you can extend the cover up to £8,000 by selecting the personal possessions top up.
- Do you take possessions outside of your accommodation? (Such as iPods, digital cameras, laptops, iPads etc.)
If yes, you need to look at either the 'Specified Items' or 'Unspecified Items' section.
- For 'Specified Items' you will need to list the item (s) and value (s) up to a maximum of £3,000.
- For 'Unspecified Items' you can cover personal possessions up to £4,000 in total with a single item limit of £500.
- Is your computer equipment worth more than £2,000?
If yes, you can extend the cover up to £4,000 by selecting the computer equipment top up.
- Do you require accidental damage cover?
Accidental damage cover is excluded from the standard cover.
An 'Accidental Damage' extension is available which will cover your 'Audio equipment, Computer Equipment, Games Consoles, Television, Video and DVD players against accidental damage whilst within the accommodation.
Please note that accidental damage cover is automatically included for the following items where a top up has been purchased:
- Mobile Phone
- Pedal Cycles
- Musical Instruments
- Orchestral Instruments
- Photographic equipment
- Items listed under the "Specified Items | Cover Anywhere Within the UK" section
- Items insured under the "Unspecified Items | Cover Anywhere Within the UK" section
- Do you require cover for your pedal cycle?
If yes, you will need to select the pedal cycle extension. This extension will cover your pedal cycle for theft or accidental damage anywhere within the UK up to £1,000.
- Is your pedal cycle worth more than £1,000?
If yes, we can cover your pedal cycle up to £3,000 via our separate standalone pedal cycle product.
To get a quote or for more information please click here.
- Do you require cover for your mobile phone?
If yes, you will need to select mobile phone extension. This extension will cover your mobile phone for theft or accidental damage anywhere within the UK up to £1,000.
- Do you require cover for your Course Fees?
We offer a Tuition Fees and Rental Protection cover which will cover the cost of your tuition fees or rent if you're medically unable to continue studying your course through sickness or injury up to £20,000.
It is important that you understand that when you extend your cover you are taking out an individual insurance policy in addition to being covered under your University’s/Accommodation Provider’s Block Halls insurance policy.
Our range of top ups allow you to insure the items that are most important to you.
By offering a range of top ups you have the flexibility to chooses the covers that are most important to you, whether that is to add cover for a mobile phone or musical instruments or you just want cover for items outside your accommodation we have an option to suit you. The additional cover options available are listed below:
|Policy Benefit||Included||Upgrade up to|
|Course Fees and Rent Cover||No||£20,000|
|Accidental Death or Redundancy of a|
Financially Supporting Parent or Guardian
|Mobile Phones | Anywhere within the UK||No||£1,000|
|Pedal Cycles | Anywhere within the UK||No||£1,000|
|Exam and Coursework Cover||No||£250|
|Photographic Equipment | Cover Anywhere Within The UK||No||£1,000|
|Musical Instruments | Anywhere within the UK||No||£3,000|
|Excess Protection Insurance||No||£1,000|
|Specified Items | Anywhere within the UK||No||£3,000|
|Unspecified Items | Anywhere within the UK||No||£1,000|
|Extra Covers For International Students|
|International Student Repatriation||No||Up To £5,000|
Please note that your policy will expire when you move out of your student accommodation or on the 31/08/2018, whichever is sooner. Any extensions you make will also expire with the master policy.