Guarantor Scheme for Sheffield Hallam University Residence
Who can apply?
To apply for this insurance you must be:
- A student at Sheffield Hallam University and
- Living in Charlotte or Baramhall Court halls of residence.
What is a guarantor?
A guarantor is someone who will pay your rent if you fall into debt whilst studying at Sheffield Hallam University.
What does it guarantor insurance cover?
It will cover your rent up to a maximum of £450 per month if you are unable to pay due to you falling into debt and are no longer able to pay your rent as signed for under an assured short hold tenancy agreement.
How much does it cost?
£100 per resident of Charlotte & Bramhall Court.
Why do i need this insurance?
Sheffield Hallam University require you to have guarantor or a guarantor insurance policy as part of your tenancy agreement with them
FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS
What does the scheme cover?
- The scheme covers rent arrears only.
- The guarantee is only applicable to Assured Shorthold Tenancies.
- Cover4insurance is able to guarantee rent per person up to a maximum of £450 pcm.
- Cover4insurance reserves the right not to approve applications where it is aware that the property / landlord in question has a history of negative feedback and reserves the right to choose the source of the feedback.
How much does it cost?
- Cover4insurance guarantee will cost you a £100 as a resident of Charlotte Court and Bramhall Court at Sheffield Hallam University
How can I apply?
- To apply you will need to call our Cover4Insurance on 0161 772 3390. Office Opening Times Monday to Friday between 9am and 5pm.
- You can also request a call back by filling out this form
Please note that:
- Applications will be subject to approval by Cover4insurance.
- Confirmation of acceptance will be emailed to you.
- A certificate of the guarantee will be emailed to you once you have paid the fee.
What are my responsibilities?
- You will notify Cover4insurance and Sheffield Hallam as soon as you become aware of any circumstance, or potential circumstance, which could affect your ability to satisfy your responsibilities under the proposed tenancy agreement.
- You undertake to cooperate with Cover4Insuance and Sheffield Hallam as required in order to minimise their liability under any Guarantee that they provide on your behalf and understand that this may mean vacating the rental property if the rent is in arrears.
- You are not aware of any current circumstance that would prevent you from satisfying all your responsibilities, as set out in the proposed tenancy agreement.
- You understand that, although Cover4insurance will act as Guarantor, you will remain liable for any losses, damages, expenses and/or costs that the Landlord would normally be entitled to recover.
- You understand that any rent paid out on your behalf or additional costs incurred by Cover4insurance under any Guarantee they may provide on your behalf shall remain your responsibility until settled in full.
- You understand that Cover4insurance may, at their own discretion, appoint a third party to recover any losses on its behalf.
- You understand that by accepting the Guarantee offered by Cover4insurance, you are confirming acceptance & understanding of the responsibilities set out in these commitments.