0161 772 3382

University Of Wolverhampton

University of Wolverhampton

University of Wolverhampton Logo

If you're living in a residence at the University of Wolverhampton there is some good news; you automatically have a basic level of insurance cover in place with us. This insurance will provide a range of cover for your possessions within your accommodation such as cover for your laptop, electrical goods, clothes, sports equipment and frozen food. This insurance has been arranged by the University of Wolverhampton with Cover4Students.

You will find a summary of the cover in the Benefits tab. We recommend that you download and read the policy schedule and policy wording; ensuring that you understand the cover provided and that it is suitable for your needs.

You may find that you need more cover than is provided already. Don't worry - there is a section below listing the range of optional top up covers that are available. For example, you may wish to insure items outside of your accommodation such as a laptop or tablet or you may wish to add Mobile Phone Insurance (as Mobiles are excluded from the basic cover).

Enter a free competition to win £500 

University Of Wolverhampton Quote


How Much Am I Insured For?

Your possessions are insured inside of your accommodation for up to £10,000 in total; if you are registered as disabled or you live with a partner and/or children cover is extended to £12,000. In addition a further £2,500 cover is provided for computer equipment (including laptops and tablets within your accommodation); if you are registered as disabled cover is extended to £4,500.

What Is Covered:

  • Personal possessions within the insured address — up to £10,000
  • Personal possessions within the insured address if you live with a partner and/or children — up to £12,000
  • Personal possessions within the insured address if you are registered as disabled — up to £12,000
  • Replacement locks & keys — up to £350
  • Food spoilage: failure of fridge /freezer — up to £75
  • Damage to clothing: failure of laundry equipment — up to £300
  • Computer equipment | room only — up to £2,500
  • Computer equipment | room only if you are registered as disabled — up to £4,500
  • Vacation cover — up to £10,000
  • Personal accident — up to £50,000
  • Credit cards — up to £500
  • Personal money — up to £50
  • College | university property on loan — up to £750
  • College | university property on loan if you are registered as disabled — up to £1,000
  • Landlords property | tenants liability — up to £5,000
  • Accidental death or redundancy of a financially supporting parent or guardian — up to £5,000
  • Legal liability — up to £1,000,000
  • Mobile phone | room only — up to £750
  • Personal possessions from communal areas — up to £1,000
  • Musical instruments — up to £600
  • Contact lenses — up to £150
  • Emergency accommodation costs — up to £350
  • Emergency clothing allowance — up to £200

Important: You may need to extend the basic policy cover to protect your valuable items such as your mobile phone, ipod, bicycle etc if you are taking them out and about (travelling to and from university).

University Of Wolverhampton Quote


We strongly recommend that you read the policy wording document to see a full list of the terms and conditions that apply to your policy with us. These can be downloaded from the Policy Documents / How to Claim tabs .

What Is Not Insured:

  • The policy excess.
    • Food spoilage £10
    • Computer equipment | room only £50
    • All other sections £25
  • Cover outside of your accommodation (unless basic cover is extended).
  • Theft from vehicles (except where attended during transit at the beginning and end of each term).
  • Pedal cycles (unless basic cover is extended).

Maximum Amounts Payable:

The following categories of items are subject to a maximum amount payable during the period of insurance.

  • Personal possessions single item limit — up to £1,250
  • Clothing single item limit — up to £350
  • Computer equipment — up to £2,500
  • Jewellery, watches & other valuables — up to £600
  • Audio, dvd, video & other data carrying media — up to £1,000
  • Computer games, cds, dvds, videos & records — up to £600
  • Computer accessories — up to £150
  • Photographic equipment, video cameras and camcorders — up to £1,000
  • Sports equipment — up to £1,000
  • Rented household goods — up to £1,250

Your Duty of Care

You must, at all times, take all reasonable steps to prevent accidents, loss and damage.

University Of Wolverhampton Quote


If you purchase a Top Up Cover to your Blockhalls Insurance from Cover4Students, we will send you an email confirming your purchase of cover and provide you with your personal policy schedule, policy wording and key facts documents. You will also have the option for a printed copy to be sent via post subject to an additional postage premium being paid. We also provide the option below for you to view and download the Master Policy Schedule, Policy Wording and Key Facts documents so that you can view prior to purchase or at any time after.

How to view the policy documents

The policy documents are available as PDFs.

To view these documents you will need a PDF reader.

Download Adobe Reader from the Adobe website or visit Access Adobe for help.

To view your documents, please click on the links below.

Policies For The Year: 2019—20
Adobe PDF Master Policy Schedule (212KB)
Adobe PDF Policy Wording (494KB)
Adobe PDF Policy IPID (56KB)
Insurance Product Information Document.
University Of Wolverhampton Quote


To start the claims process, please complete the correct Claims Form provided below. Before submitting your claim, please read your policy schedule to make sure you are covered and have a valid claim.

Contact Us Via:

Fill out the online claims form here:  Claims Form

Phone: 0161 974 1101


Cover4students Claims Team,

Stream Claims Services,

Copthall House,

King Street,

Newcastle under Lyme,

ST5 1EL.

If you have a valid claim, complete appropriate claim form and return it along with:

  • Receipts, bills, valuations or repair estimates as appropriate for all claims for loss or damage.
  • Full details of accident or injury and early prognosis for personal accident claims.

All claims for theft or loss must be reported to the police.

University Of Wolverhampton Quote

Optional Extensions

Our range of top ups allow you to insure the items that are most important to you. By offering a range of top ups you have the flexibility to chooses the covers that are most important to you, whether that is to add cover for a mobile phone or musical instruments or you just want cover for items outside your accommodation we have an option to suit you. The additional cover options available are listed below:

Policy Benefit  Included
Upgrade up to
Personal Possessions
Computer Equipment
Course Fees and Rent Cover
Criminal Assault
Legal Expenses
Accidental Damage
Personal Accident
Mobile Phones | Anywhere within the UK
Pedal Cycles | Anywhere within the UK
Digital Download
Exam and Coursework Cover
Photographic Equipment | Cover Anywhere Within The UKNo
Musical Instruments | Anywhere within the UK
Specified Items | Anywhere within the UK No
Unspecified Items | Anywhere within the UK
Excess Protection CoverNo£1,000
International Student Repatriation CoverNo£5,000

Please note that your policy will expire when you move out of your student accommodation or when your Master Policy expires, whichever is sooner. Any extensions you make will also expire with the Master Policy.

University Of Wolverhampton Quote

Why Extend My Cover?

In order to help you decide if you need to top up your cover, we have devised a few standard questions:

  1. Are your total possessions worth more than £10,000 (excluding computer equipment)?
    If yes, you can extend the cover up to £20,000 by selecting the personal possessions top up.
  2. Do you take possessions outside of your accommodation? (Such as iPods, digital cameras, laptops, iPads etc.)
    If yes, you need to look at either the 'Specified Items' or 'Unspecified Items' section.
    • For 'Specified Items' you will need to list the item (s) and value (s) up to a maximum of £3,000.
    • For 'Unspecified Items' you can cover personal possessions up to £4,000 in total with a single item limit of £500.
    Please note that musical & orchestral instruments, pedal cycles and mobile phones cannot be covered under these sections as separate cover sections are available for these items.
  3. Is your computer equipment worth more than £2,500?
    If yes, you can extend the cover up to £5,000 by selecting the computer equipment top up.
  4. Do you require accidental damage cover?
    Accidental damage cover is excluded from the standard cover (except for Computer Equipment which is automatically covered).
    An 'Accidental Damage' extension is available which will cover your 'Audio equipment, Games Consoles, Camera Equipment, Television, Video and DVD players against accidental damage whilst within the accommodation.
    Please note that accidental damage cover is automatically included for the following items where a top up has been purchased:
    • Mobile Phone
    • Pedal Cycles
    • Musical Instruments
    • Items listed under the "Specified Items | Cover Anywhere Within the UK" section
    • Items insured under the "Unspecified Items | Cover Anywhere Within the UK" section
  5. Do you require cover for your pedal cycle?
    If yes, you will need to select the pedal cycle extension. This extension will cover your pedal cycle for theft or accidental damage anywhere within the UK up to £1,000.
  6. Is your pedal cycle worth more than £1,000?
    If yes, we can cover your pedal cycle up to £3,000 via our separate standalone pedal cycle product.
    To get a quote or for more information please click here.
  7. Do you require cover for your mobile phone?
    If yes, you will need to select mobile phone extension. This extension will cover your mobile phone for theft or accidental damage anywhere within the UK up to £1,000.
  8. Do you require cover for your Course Fees?
    We offer a Tuition Fees and Rental Protection cover which will cover the cost of your tuition fees or rent if you're medically unable to continue studying your course through sickness or injury up to £20,000.

It is important that you understand that when you extend your cover you are taking out an individual insurance policy in addition to being covered under your University’s/Accommodation Provider’s Block Halls insurance policy.

University Of Wolverhampton Quote
We have updated our Cookie Policy and our Privacy policy. Cookies are used to ensure we provide the best customer experience. Continued use of this website assumes your acceptance of these policies.