Pedal Cycle Insurance — Ireland
Unfortunately we are unable to offer bicycle insurance within Ireland at the present time.
If you are a university student in Ireland you can add a pedal cycle to a students contents insurance policy.
Click here for more information.
For Existing Customers
Existing customers please call 00353 (0) 161 772 3394,* for information and assistance regarding your policy.
We also provide the option below for you to view and download the Policy Wording so that you can view prior to purchase or at any time after.
How to view the policy documents
The policy documents are available as PDFs. To view these documents you will need a PDF reader. Download Adobe Reader from the Adobe website.
To view your documents, please click on the links below:
How to make a claim
To start the claims process, please call our claims team on 01 8022220 and select Option 2 (UK General Home Claims). You must:
- Notify the claims agent via telephone as soon as possible but in any event no later than 28 days after any incident likely to give rise to a claims under this insurance;
- Report the theft of any bicycle to the police/gardai within 24 hours of discovery and obtain a crime reference number in support of your claim;
- Provide us with receipts for any approved locks in support of any theft claim or if the receipt is not available to you must provide the remains of the damaged approved lock.
- Provide us with details of the claim and any other contract, guarantee, warranty or insurance that may apply to the damage including but not limited to household insurance. Where appropriate a rateable proportion of the claim may be recovered direct from these insurers.
- If we replace your bicycle the damaged or stolen item becomes ours. If it is returned or found you must notify us and send it to us if we ask you to. To help us improve our service we may record or monitor telephone calls. UK General Insurance Ltd are an insurers agent and in the matters of a claim act on behalf of the insurer.
- Before submitting your claim, please read your policy schedule to make sure you are covered and have a valid claim.