Fresh Student Living—Ireland
Fresh Student Living–Ireland
If you're living in Fresh Student Living—Ireland there is some good news; you automatically have a basic level of insurance cover in place with us. This insurance will provide a range of cover for your possessions within your accommodation such as cover for your laptop, electrical goods, clothes, sports equipment and frozen food. This insurance has been arranged by Fresh Student Living—Ireland with Cover4Students.
You will find a summary of the cover below. We recommend that you download and read the policy schedule and policy wording; ensuring that you understand the cover provided and that it is suitable for your needs.
You may find that you need more cover than is provided already. Don't worry – there is a section below listing the range of optional top up covers that are available. For example, you may wish to insure items outside of your accommodation such as a laptop or tablet or you may wish to add mobile phone insurance.
For students resident in Fresh Student Living Accommodation UK click here.
Enter a free competition to win €500
How Much Am I Insured For?
Your possessions are insured inside of your accommodation for up to €5,000 in total . In addition a further €750 cover is provided for desktop computer equipment within your accommodation and €750 for laptops and tablets within your accommodation.
What Is Covered:
- Personal possessions – up to €5,000 in total.
- Replacement locks & keys – up to €250, following damage resulting from burglary.
- Rental protection - up to €500.
- Landlord’s property – up to €5,000 for theft or damage.
- Personal accident – up to €15,000, on a scale of benefits.
- Accidental death of a parent or guardian – up to €10,000.
- Desktop computer equipment – up to €750 in total.
- College / university property on loan – up to €500.
- Mobile phone – up to €250, following theft from forcible entry.
- Laptops and portable computer equipment - up to €750, for theft from forcible entry.
We strongly recommend that you read the policy wording document to see a full list of the terms and conditions that apply to your policy with us. These can be downloaded from the Claims tab .
What Is Not Insured:
- The first €50 of any claim.
- Cover outside your accommodation.
- Theft from motor vehicles (except where attended during transit at the beginning and end of each term).
- Pedal cycles.
- Contact lenses.
Maximum Amounts Payable:
The following categories of items are subject to a maximum amount payable during the period of insurance.
- Personal possessions single item limit – €1,000.
- Desktop computer equipment – up to €750 in total.
- Laptops and portable computers - up to €750 in total.
- Collection of CDs, DVDs & other data carrying media - up to €1,000 in total.
Your Duty of Care
You must, at all times, take all reasonable steps to prevent accidents, loss and damage.
If you purchase a Top Up Cover to your Blockhalls Insurance from Cover4Students, we will send you an email confirming your purchase of cover and provide you with your personal policy schedule, policy wording and key facts documents which you should keep a copy of for future reference. We can also send these out to you subject to an additional postage fee.
You will also have the option for a printed copy to be sent via post subject to an additional postage premium being paid.
How to view the policy documents
You can access the documents by following the links below. Please contact us if you cannot view them.
|Policies For The Year: 2018—19|
|Master Policy Schedule (194KB)|
|Policy Wording (697KB)|
|Policy Summary (174KB)|
Telephone 01 207 5110
Conditions that apply to the policy and in the event of a claim are set out in your policy booklet. It is important that you comply with all policy conditions and you should familiarise yourself with any requirements. Directions for claim notification are included under claims conditions. Please be aware that events that may give rise to a claim under the insurance must be notified as soon as possible although there are some situations where immediate notice is required. Further guidance is contained in the policy booklet.
Claims conditions require you to provide us with any assistance and evidence that we require concerning the cause and value of any claim. Ideally, as part of the initial notification, you will provide:
- Your name, address, and your home and mobile telephone numbers
- Personal details necessary to confirm your identity
- Policy number
- The date of the incident
- The cause of the loss or damage
- Details of the loss or damage together with claim value if known
- Police details where applicable
- Names and addresses of any other parties involved or responsible for the incident (including details of injuries) and addresses of any witnesses.
This information will enable us to make an initial evaluation on policy liability and claim value. We may, however, request additional information depending upon circumstances and value, which may include the following:
- Original purchase receipts, invoices, instruction booklets or photographs
- Purchase dates and location of lost or damaged property
- For damaged property, confirmation from a suitably qualified expert that the item you are claiming for is beyond repair
Sometimes we may wish to meet with you to discuss the circumstances of the claim, to inspect the damage, or to undertake further investigations. Where we can offer repair or replacement through a preferred supplier but on request, we agree to pay our customer a cash settlement, then payment will normally not exceed the amount we would have paid our preferred supplier.