Tenant Contents Insurance
Cover4Tenants Possessions Insurance
Premiums start from only £29·35** Per Year
|Specialist Insurance For:||Benefits Include:|
Our Tenants possessions Insurance isn't just about giving you great value cover that helps you save money, it's also about giving you the flexibility so that you can tailor the cover to suit your needs.
To Take Out Tenant’s Contents Insurance You Do Not Need To Be The Home Owner!
What does a Tenants contents policy tend to protect me against?
The policy will cover you for the loss or damage to your property as a result of:
- Theft or attempted theft
- Explosion, lightning or earthquake
- Storm or flood
- Escape of oil from fixed domestic heating installation
- Escape of water from washing machines, dishwasher, refrigerator or freezer, fixed domestic water or heating installation.
- Impact within the insured address involving a vehicle or animal (but will normally excluded domestic pets that you are responsible for).
There are also policy extensions available to cover items for:
- Accidental Damage (Covers damage to audio equipment, camera equipment, computer equipment, games consoles, televisions, video and DVD players).
- Option to cover specified items away from the home for theft or damage anywhere within the United Kingdom.
- Increase your personal possessions to include items such as Mobile Phones, Pedal Cycles and Laptop Computers.
|Policy Benefit ||Sum Insured |
|Personal Possessions ||Up To £14,000 |
|Desktop Computer Equipment ||Item Limits Apply |
|Landlords Property | Tenant's Liability ||£5,000 |
|Liability for Rented Household Goods ||Item Limits Apply |
|Replacement Locks and keys ||£50 |
|Credit Cards ||£500 |
|Personal Money ||£50 |
|Legal Liability ||£1,000,000 |
|Policy Benefit ||Sum Insured |
|Laptop & Portable Computer | Room Only ||Up To £2,000 |
|Laptop & Portable Computer | Anywhere Within The UK ||Up To £2,000 |
|Accidental Damage ||Item Limits Apply |
|Criminal Assault ||£500 |
|Legal Expenses ||£30,000 |
|Mobile Phone | Cover Anywhere Within The UK (Please note: The mobile phone must have been purchased within the UK). ||Up To £1,000 |
|Pedal Cycle | Cover Anywhere Within The UK (Within Europe For Up To 45 days) ||Up To £3,000 |
|Excess Protection Cover ||£1,000|
It’s important that you read our Policy Documents to make sure you understand exactly what’s covered.
You can find out more about Tenants' Contents Insurance in the documents below which you will also receive when you purchase our tenants insurance.
|Policies purchased after 01/08/2016:||Policies purchased up to 01/08/2016:|
|Policy WordingTerms of Business|
For all claims except Legal Expenses claims:
Please fill in a claims form: Claims Form
Cover4students.com will deal with all claims. You must refer all correspondence and telephone enquiries to cover4students.com at the following address:
Cover4tenants Claims Team,
Stream Claim Solutions,
60 Spring Gardens,
Telephone: 0161 974 1101
Check your policy to ensure that the cause of the loss or damage is covered. Your schedule will show which cover sections are operative.
Please include the following details:
- Receipts, bills, valuations or repair estimates as appropriate for all claims for loss or damage.
- Full details of accident or injury and early prognosis for personal accident claims.
All claims for theft or loss must be reported to the police.
For all Legal Expenses claims:
Legal Claims Notification & Advice Helpline Service: - 01384 887575
We will not accept responsibility if the Claims Notification and Advice Helpline Services fail for reasons beyond our control.
We'll be in touch...
About a month before the renewal date of your tenant's insurance policy we'll send you a renewal email. This email will contain details of how to renew the policy.
The email will include a saved quotation which will summarise:
- The cover and price of your policy,
- how to renew,
- a copy of the policy wording and key facts documents.
Important: Your Tenants Possessions Insurance will not automatically renew.
Alternatively you can just book a new policy by clicking here.