Mobile Phone Insurance
At cover4insurance we understand how important your mobile phone is to you, no longer is it a device for just making calls it is how you stay in contact with the world and organise your life.
These little devices can now control everything you desire – social media, news feeds, internet access, work / personal calendar gone are the days of the “Del Trotters” Filofax enter the world of the smart phone and where would we be without it?
Why choose Cover4Insurance:
- Cover up to £1500 anywhere within the UK
- 60 days worldwide cover included
- Cover for theft or accidental damage
- 30 day cooling off period
What does the mobile phone insurance cover?
Our mobile phone insurance is designed to protect you against accidental damage, loss or theft of your mobile phone. It also provides cover if your mobile phone suffers a mechanical or electrical breakdown outside of the manufacturer's guarantee period.
- Theft - We will replace your gadget/mobile phone, if it is stolen. For example, it may be stolen from your property following a break-in or from your person i.e. a mugging.
- Accidental Loss - (Optional) If you accidentally lose your gadget/mobile phone then we will replace it if you have selected this cover – For example your phone may fall out of your pocket.
- Accidental damage -We will repair or replace your gadget/mobile phone if it suffers accidental damage. For example, you may accidentally drop your gadget in a puddle.
- Cracked screen -We will repair or replace your gadget/mobile phone if it accidentally suffers damage to the screen. For example, you may drop your phone or tablet.
- Liquid damage -We will repair or replace your gadget/mobile phone if it accidentally suffers liquid damage – For example you may accidentally spill water on your gadget.
- Breakdown (up to £500) -We will repair or replace your gadget/mobile phone if it is damaged as a direct result of an electrical or mechanical breakdown which occurs outside of the manufacturers guarantee period.
- Malicious damage -We will repair or replace your gadget/mobile phone, if it is damaged as through the intentional or deliberate actions of anyone other than you or a member of your immediate family.
- Unauthorised use (up to £250)-If your mobile phone/ gadget is accidentally lost or stolen and the loss or theft is covered by your policy, we will refund the cost of unauthorised calls, texts or downloads made after the time it was lost or stolen up to a maximum of £250 (£20 if you have a “pay as you go” mobile phone). Cover will only apply to unauthorised usage taking place within 24 hours of discovery of the loss or theft.
- Accessories -If your claim for your gadget/mobile phone is approved, we will replace any accessories that were accidentally lost, stolen or damaged at the same time as your gadget/mobile phone, up to a maximum of £150.
- 60 days worldwide cover - We will cover your gadgets/mobile phone that you take out of the United Kingdom for up to 45 days whilst you are abroad during any period of insurance. NB: Please note a replacement or repair can only be dealt with once you return to the United Kingdom, the Channel Islands or the Isle of Man.
- 30 day cooling off period - You have a 30 day cooling off period, in which you can cancel the policy for a full refund, providing that no claims have been made and there are no cliams pending on the policy.
Try Combining Mobile Phone Cover With Tenants Contents Insurance
It may be cheaper to insure your mobile phone as part of the contents insurance package so please obtain a tenant contents insurance quote as well, By combining tenant mobile phone insurance with our tenant contents insurance not only will you save money on the cost of the insurance you will also benefit from a lower policy excess of only £25.
If you purchase our mobile phone bundle, these exclusions will apply:
You must pay an amount towards any claim. This amount will vary according to the value of the mobile phone/gadget insured. Full details are shown in the table below. If you claim relates to more than one gadget/mobile phone, you will only have to pay one excess (this will be the highest applicable excess).
|Value of the mobile phone / gadget at the time of purchase
|Up to 500
|£501 - £1000
|£1,001 - £1,250
|£1,251 - £1,500
Exclusions apply to this insurance. This page provides a summary of these exclusions but full details of all exclusions can be found in the policy booklet we strongly recommend that you read the policy booklet. Please go to Policy Documents Tab.
|Significant or Unusual Exclusions or Limitations
|Policy Wording Page
To buy this insurance you must be:
The gadget or mobile phone must:
Cover applies to gadgets or mobile phones used in the United Kingdom, the Channel Islands or the Isle of Man and for use for up to 60 days abroad during any period of insurance.
‘Eligibility’ Page 4
Definition of ‘Gadget’ & ‘Mobile Phone’ Page 11
We will not provide any cover for:
‘Section 4’ – Exclusions That Apply To The Whole Policy Page 7
‘Initial Exclusion Period’ Page 4
Definition of ‘Exclusion Period’ Page 11
If you purchase mobile phone insurance from Cover4Insurance, we will send you an email confirming your purchase of cover and provide you with your personal policy schedule, policy wording and policy summary documents.
You will also have the option for a printed copy to be sent via post subject to an additional postage premium being paid.
We also provide the option below for you to view and download the Policy Wording and Policy Summary documents so that you can view prior to purchase or at any time after.
How to view the policy documents
The policy documents are available as PDFs. To view these documents you will need a PDF reader. Download Adobe Reader from the Adobe website or visit Access Adobe for help.
To view your documents, please click on the links below.
|Policies Purchased after 01/01/2021
|Policies Purchased up to 01/01/2021
To make a claim,
Please fill in our claims form: click here
Cover4insurance will deal with all claims. You must refer all correspondnce and telephone enquires to cover4insurance at the following address:
- Stream Claims Services, Copthall House, King Street, Newcastle under Lyme, ST5 1EL.
- Telephone: 0161 974 1101 Lines are open between 9am and 5pm Monday to Friday. Calls may be recorded for training, compliance and fraud prevention purposes.
Things You Must Do.
You must comply with the following conditions. If you fail to do so and this affects the ability of the claims administrator to fully assess your claim or keep our losses to a minimum, we may not pay your claim or any payment could be reduced.
- All claims must be reported to the claims administrator as soon as possible but in any event, within 14 days of you becoming aware of an incident. You must complete a claim form (in full) and provide at your own expense, any information and assistance which the claims administrator may require in establishing the amount of any payment under your insurance.
- You must provide evidence of ownership of your gadget or mobile phone to support any claim, and any other receipts or documents that we may request. If you cannot provide evidence of ownership, your claim will not be valid.
- All thefts must be reported to the police within 24 hours of your discovery of the incident. You must provide the claims administrator with a crime reference number.
- If your gadget or mobile phone is lost, you must obtain a lost property reference from the police or a lost property reporting service which is accredited by the police.
- You must report the loss or theft of your mobile phone to your Network Provider within 24 hours of the incident so they can block it and stop anyone else using it.
- If your gadget or mobile phone is damaged, you must provide the gadget or mobile phone for inspection and repair.