0161 772 3382

Tenant's Liability Insurance

Landlords Property | Tenants Liability

When you rent a furnished property, you may be responsible for insuring the landlord’s furniture and other contents.

We can cover up to £5,000 for which you are accountable to pay for loss or accidental damage to your landlord's property.

This means that if the landlord's property is stolen or damaged accidentally whilst in your care, we will cover the costs up to a maximum of £5,000.

Why do I need tenant's/tenancy liability insurance?

Landlords, accommodation providers and letting agencies are likely to hold you accountable for any costs for theft or damage to their property and many of them now ask their tenants to have some liability insurance in place. If your privately rented flat, house or shared accommodation is fully or partly furnished, tenant's liability will make sure you can afford to cover the cost of replacing or repairing your landlord's contents.

Our student tenant's liability insurance is automatically included with a contents insurance policy, up to £5,000 in total, in relation to theft and accidental damage to landlord's contents.

What is covered?

We will pay, at our discretion direct to the landlord, up to the amount shown in your schedule, for sums which you become legally liable to pay as damages under the terms of a formal tenancy agreement in respect of:

  1. Your landlord’s household goods, furniture and furnishings within the insured address being damaged by:
    • Fire.
    • Explosion, lightning or earthquake.
    • Smoke.
    • Storm or flood.
    • Escape of water from any washing machine, dishwasher, refrigerator or freezer, fixed domestic water or heating installation, or
    • Theft or attempted theft.
  2. Accidental damage to your landlord’s:
    • Fixed glass
    • Sanitary ware, and
    • Ceramic hobs in fixed kitchen appliances.
    • Accidental damage to drains, pipes, cables and underground tanks providing services to or from the insured address.

Can I extended the Landlords Property | Tenants Liability Cover?

Yes, you can extend the cover to included Accidental Damage To Landlords Property | Tenants Liability for up to £10,000.

This will cover the amounts you become legally liable to pay as damages under a formal rental agreement, following loss or damage to your landlord's household goods, furniture and furnishings within the insured address, following accidental damage or damage by fire, storm, flood, theft, escape of waterand other similar causes.

cover4insurance mobile app—Google cover4insurance mobile app—Apple