Student — Tenant's Liability Insurance
Student's — Tenant Liability For Damage To Landlord's Property
As a student renting a furnished property, you may be responsible, under your tenancy agreement, for insuring the landlord’s furniture and other contents.
We cover student's tenant liability insurance up to £5,000 as standard, for which you are accountable to pay for loss or accidental damage to your landlord's property. There is an optional extension available, to increase the student's tenant liability up to £10,000 which includes accidental damage to your landlord’s household goods, furniture and furnishings within the insured address.
This means that if the landlord's property is stolen or damaged accidentally whilst in your care, we will cover the costs up to a maximum of £10,000.
Why do I need student's tenant/tenancy liability insurance?
Landlords, accommodation providers and letting agencies are likely to hold you accountable for any costs for theft or damage to their property and many of them now ask their student tenants to have some liability insurance in place. If your privately rented flat, house or shared accommodation is fully or partly furnished, student tenant's liability will make sure you can afford to cover the cost of replacing or repairing your landlord's contents.
Our student tenant's liability insurance is automatically included with a contents insurance policy, up to £5,000 in total, in relation to theft and accidental damage to landlord's contents.
What is covered?
We will pay, at our discretion direct to the landlord, up to the amount shown in your schedule, for sums which you become legally liable to pay as damages under the terms of a formal tenancy agreement in respect of:
- Your landlord’s household goods, furniture and furnishings within the insured address being damaged by:
- Explosion, lightning or earthquake.
- Storm or flood.
- Escape of water from any washing machine, dishwasher, refrigerator or freezer, fixed domestic water or heating installation, or
- Theft or attempted theft.
- Accidental damage to your landlord’s:
- Fixed glass
- Sanitary ware,
- and Ceramic hobs in fixed kitchen appliances.
- Accidental damage to drains, pipes, cables and underground tanks providing services to or from the insured address.
- Accidental damage (optional), increase cover up to to £10,000 for your landlord’s household goods, furniture and furnishings within the insured address being damaged.
Can I extended the Landlords Property | Tenants Liability Cover?
Yes, you can extend the cover to included Accidental Damage To Landlords Property | Tenants Liability for up to £10,000.
This will cover the amounts you become legally liable to pay as damages under a formal rental agreement, following loss or damage to your landlord's household goods, furniture and furnishings within the insured address, following accidental damage or damage by fire, storm, flood, theft, escape of water and other similar causes.