At cover4insurance we understand how important your gadget(s) are to you. We don’t just take our wallets / purse and keys with us when we leave the house any more, most of us carry person hundreds of pounds worth of gadgets about with us.
These gadgets now are an essential part of our everyday life helping us to control and stay in touch with our friends and work while we are on the move. So if you’re looking to insure your gadget or gadgets, then look no further. We can offer a range of covers for you whether it’s for your games console, mobile phone, tablet, laptop or all of them together you can choose the option that matches your needs.
Why choose Cover4insurance for your gadget insurance:
- Cover single or multiple gadgets on one policy
- 45 days worldwide cover
- Cover for theft or accidental damage
- Up to 15% discount if insure more than one item
- 30 day cooling off period
We can offer 2 different levels of cover Silver & Gold, please see cover table below:
What does the gadget / product insurance cover?
Our gadget insurance is designed to protect you if your gadget or mobile phone is accidentally damaged, lost or stolen. It also provides cover if your gadget or mobile phone suffers a mechanical or electrical breakdown outside of the manufacturer's guarantee period.
Theft - We will replace your gadget/mobile phone, if it is stolen. For example, it may be stolen from your property following a break-in or from your person i.e. a mugging.
Accidental Loss (Optional)-If you accidentally lose your gadget/mobile phone then we will replace it if you have selected this cover – For example your phone may fall out of your pocket.
Accidental damage -We will repair or replace your gadget/mobile phone if it suffers accidental damage. For example, you may accidentally drop your gadget in a puddle.
Cracked screen -We will repair or replace your gadget/mobile phone if it accidentally suffers damage to the screen. For example, you may drop your phone or tablet.
Liquid damage -We will repair or replace your gadget/mobile phone if it accidentally suffers liquid damage – For example you may accidentally spill water on your gadget.
Breakdown (up to £500) -We will repair or replace your gadget/mobile phone if it is damaged as a direct result of an electrical or mechanical breakdown which occurs outside of the manufacturers guarantee period.
Malicious damage -We will repair or replace your gadget/mobile phone, if it is damaged as through the intentional or deliberate actions of anyone other than you or a member of your immediate family.
Unauthorised use (up to £250)-If your mobile phone/ gadget is accidentally lost or stolen and the loss or theft is covered by your policy, we will refund the cost of unauthorised calls, texts or downloads made after the time it was lost or stolen up to a maximum of £250 (£20 if you have a “pay as you go” mobile phone). Cover will only apply to unauthorised usage taking place within 24 hours of discovery of the loss or theft.
Accessories -If your claim for your gadget/mobile phone is approved, we will replace any accessories that were accidentally lost, stolen or damaged at the same time as your gadget/mobile phone, up to a maximum of £150.
45 days worldwide cover - We will cover your gadgets/mobile phone that you take out of the United Kingdom for up to 45 days whilst you are abroad during any period of insurance. NB: Please note a replacement or repair can only be dealt with once you return to the United Kingdom, the Channel Islands or the Isle of Man.
30 day cooling off period - You have a 30 day cooling off period, in which you can cancel the policy for a full refund, providing that no claims have been made and there are no claims pending on the policy.
Try Combining Mobile Phone Cover With Tenants Contents Insurance
It may be cheaper to insure your mobile phone as part of the contents insurance package so please obtain a tenant contents insurance quote as well, By combining tenant mobile phone insurance with our tenant contents insurance not only will you save money on the cost of the insurance you will also benefit from a lower policy excess of only £25.
Types of Gadgets
We can cover a range of gadgets such as:
- Camera equipment - whether you use it for snapping stunning scenery or capturing special moments with friends or family.
- Mobile phones - are an essential part of our everyday life they allow us to stay up to date with friends and family on social media, help organise our working week, play our favourite music and let’s not forget they allow us to make an old fashioned telephone call.
- Tablets & laptops and mobile phones have become an essential part of our life as we use them more and more for web browsing, reading, gaming, dating, and banking well pretty much everything.
Our gadget insurance policy can ensure that your gadget is covered against theft, loss or accidental damage anywhere in the world up to 45 days giving you peace of mind that if the worst does happen you won’t be too long without it.
A list of gadgets we covered are shown below:
|iPhones / Smartphones||Laptops||Netbooks||Mobile Phones||Mac Books|
|PDA's||iPads / Tablets||Sat Navs||Games Consoles||iPods / MP3 Players|
|Digital Camera||Video Cameras||Blue Tooth Headsets||Kindle / E-readers||Headphones|
If you purchase gadget from Cover4Insurance, we will send you an email confirming your purchase of cover and provide you with your personal policy schedule, policy wording and policy summary documents.
You will also have the option for a printed copy to be sent via post subject to an additional postage premium being paid.
We also provide the option below for you to view and download the Policy Wording and Policy Summary documents so that you can view prior to purchase or at any time after.
How to view the policy documents
The policy documents are available as PDFs. To view these documents you will need a PDF reader. Download Adobe Reader from the Adobe website or visit Access Adobe for help.
To view your documents, please click on the links below.
|Policies Purchased after 01/08/2019||Policies Purchased up to 01/08/2019|
| Policy Wording|
Purchased after the 01/02/2020
|Claims Form||Policy Wording|
| Policy Wording|
Purchased before the 01/02/2020
|Policy IPID†||Policy IPID†|
If you purchased a mobile phone/gadget insurance policy prior to 01/04/2016, you can find your policy documents below.
Policy numbers for this product would start with “C4M” or “C4S” if you are unsure please call us on 0161 772 3390.† Insurance Product Information Document.
To make a claim,
Please fill in our claims form: click here
Cover4insurance will deal with all claims. You must refer all correspondnce and telephone enquires to cover4insurance at the following address:
Stream Claims Services, Copthall House, King Street, Newcastle under Lyme, ST5 1EL.
Telephone: 0161 974 1101
Lines are open between 9am and 5pm Monday to Friday. Calls may be recorded for training, compliance and fraud prevention purposes.
Things You Must Do.
You must comply with the following conditions. If you fail to do so and this affects the ability of the claims administrator to fully assess your claim or keep our losses to a minimum, we may not pay your claim or any payment could be reduced.
- All claims must be reported to the claims administrator as soon as possible but in any event, within 14 days of you becoming aware of an incident. You must complete a claim form (in full) and provide at your own expense, any information and assistance which the claims administrator may require in establishing the amount of any payment under your insurance.
- You must provide evidence of ownership of your gadget or mobile phone to support any claim, and any other receipts or documents that we may request. If you cannot provide evidence of ownership, your claim will not be valid.
- All thefts must be reported to the police within 24 hours of your discovery of the incident. You must provide the claims administrator with a crime reference number.
- If your gadget or mobile phone is lost, you must obtain a lost property reference from the police or a lost property reporting service which is accredited by the police.
- You must report the loss or theft of your mobile phone to your Network Provider within 24 hours of the incident so they can block it and stop anyone else using it.
- If your gadget or mobile phone is damaged, you must provide the gadget or mobile phone for inspection and repair.
My gadget was purchased outside of the UK can I still insure it?
No, unfortunately we can only cover gadgets that have been purchased within the United Kingdom, the Republic of Ireland, the Channel Islands or the Isle of Man.
My gadget is second hand, can I still insure it?
We cannot insure second hand items unless you purchased it as a refurbished item directly from the manufacturer or Network Provider. Second hand items that are not refurbished cannot be covered. We cannot cover items purchased at auction or from an online auction website.
Is cover available immediately?
No—A 30 day exclusion period applies to your insurance. This means that you are unable to claim:
- Within the first 30 days of the policy start date. If you renew your policy for a further 12 months, the exclusion period does not apply at renewal.
- Within the first 30 days of adding a gadget and/or mobile phone to your policy or replacing an existing gadget and/or mobile phone. If you add a gadget or mobile phone to your policy, the exclusion period only applies to the gadget or mobile phone which is added.
Is cover on a new for old basis?
No, this is a replacement only policy and is not a replacement as new policy. We will attempt to replace your gadget or mobile phone with an identical new or fully refurbished gadget or mobile phone of the same age and condition, but it may not be the same colour.
Can I make multiple claims?
Yes—We will pay a maximum of 2 claims during any one period of insurance.
My gadget is over 12 months old can this be covered?
Yes, providing it is less than 36 months old with a valid proof of purchase (not from online auctions) when the cover for it under your policy begins.
Does the policy cover my gadget outside of the UK?
Yes, you are automatically covered for your gadget anywhere within the world for up to 45 days per year.
Can I pay by instalments?
No, this policy is only payable as a one off payment.
Exclusions apply to this insurance. This page provides a summary of these exclusions but full details of all exclusions can be found in the policy booklet we strongly recommend that you read the policy booklet. Please go to Policy Documents Tab.
Significant or Unusual Exclusions or Limitations
|Policy Wording Page|
To buy this insurance you must be:
The gadget or mobile phone must:
Cover applies to gadgets or mobile phones used in the United Kingdom, the Channel Islands or the Isle of Man and for use for up to 45 days abroad during any period of insurance.
‘Eligibility’ Page 4
Definition of ‘Gadget’ & ‘Mobile Phone’ Page 11
We will not provide any cover for:
‘Section 4’ – Exclusions That Apply To The Whole Policy Page 7
‘Initial Exclusion Period’ Page 4
Definition of ‘Exclusion Period’ Page 11