What does Keycare cover?
Keycare covers the cost of replacing your lost or stolen keys.
- Up to £1,500 a year cover for lost and stolen keys, replacement locks and any call out charges .
- UK based emergency helpline available 24 hours a day, 365 days per year.
- Access to a nationwide network of locksmiths,
- Cover for locksmith charges if you lock yourself out of your home or vehicle.
- Up to 3 days vehicle hire when your vehicle is not usable as a result of lost or stolen keys.
- No excess to pay.
- No claims discount on main home or motor policy not affected.
- All keys attached to the fob issued by Keycare are covered.
- We offer the finder of your keys a £10 reward. You will not be asked to contribute.
- No details of the key owner are giving to the finder, guaranteeing confidentiality and security.
- Keys are covered anywhere in the European Union.
How Does Keycare Work?
We provide you with a Keycare fob to attach to your keys to start your cover.
- Your unique fob number helps us identity your keys should they go missing
- If your keys are found, we manage getting them back to you at your convenience.
- If your keys are not found, we Keycare will help get you back on track through our network of trusted locksmiths
It’s important that you read our Policy Documents to make sure you understand exactly what’s covered.
You can find out more about Tenants' Contents Insurance in the documents below which you will also receive when you purchase our tenants insurance.
|Policies purchased after 01/08/2018:|
FAQ'sHow do I make a claim?
- If your keys go missing call our 24 Hour Emergency Helpline number 0345 303 0550.
- We recommend that you save this number in your mobile phone.
Can i purchase more key fobs?
- Yes, you can purchase further key fobs to protect your additional sets of keys or the keys of family members living at the same address as you. Call our customer services team on 0345 303 4028 Monday to Friday between 8am and 8pm or Saturday 9am till 3pm.
What excess do i need to pay on my policy?
- None - there is no excess on your Keycare policy.
If my house/car keys have been stolen. If i make a claim for replacement locks will this affect my no claims discount on my home/motor insurance?
- No. Keycare does not seek a contribution from your household/motor insurers. Your no claims discount is not affected.
Taking Care of Your Keys
- Never have anything containing your name and address attached to your keys.
- Never leave your keys under doormats, on a string through the letterbox, under a stone, on top of a door or window frame. An opportunist thief may be watching.
- Never leave doors or windows open when you go out. If you can get in so can a burglar.
- Always leave a spare set of keys with a trusted neighbour, friend or family member.
- Do not leave vehicle keys close to the front door where they can be seen.
- Never leave your keys in your vehicles, not even for a second. This is especially important when at fuel stations or when loading and unloading your vehicle
- Always lock you vehicle when leaving it.