International Student House
Extend Your Cover With Cover4insurance
- Award Winning Service
- UK Based Customer Support
- Contact Us Via Web Or Call 0161 772 3392
- Specialist Student Possessions Insurance
- Over 20 Years In Business
If you're living in International Student House accommodation, there is some good news; you automatically have a basic level of insurance cover in place with us.
This insurance will provide a range of cover for your possessions within your accommodation such as cover for your laptop, electrical goods, clothes and sports equipment. This insurance has been arranged by International Student House with Cover4Students.
You will find a summary of the cover in the tabs. We recommend that you download and read the policy schedule and policy wording; ensuring that you understand the cover provided and that it is suitable for your needs.
You may find that you need more cover than is provided already. Don't worry - there is a section below listing the range of optional top up covers that are available. For example, you may wish to insure items outside of your student accommodation such as a laptop or tablet or you may wish to add Mobile Phone Insurance (as Mobiles are excluded from the basic cover).
Get exclusive access to our Benefits Hub where you can access discounts up to 75% off well-known brands.
Enter a free competition to win £500
By confirming your cover you get access to our Benefits Hub where you can access discounts up to 75% off well-known brands.
Students staying with one of our accommodation providers get contents insurance automatically included. To check your cover request your policy schedule and policy wording with Cover4Insurance below.
Once registered you will be:
- Emailed your policy documents.
- Entered into a free prize draw with a chance of winning £500† winner to be announced in early November 2023.
- Provided exclusive access to our Benefits Hub where you can access a huge variety of savings and discounts across many reputable retailers.
- You will be sent a 10% discount code for our Student Possessions Insurance when this policy expires.
How Much Am I Insured For?
Your possessions are insured inside of your accommodation for up to £7,000 in total. In addition a further £2,500 cover is provided for computer equipment within your accommodation.
What Is Covered:
- Personal possessions within the insured address — up to £7,000.
- Replacement locks & keys — up to £350.
This cover does not include lost keys; visit Keyprotect if you require insurance for lost keys.
- Food spoilage: failure of fridge /freezer — up to £75.
- Damage to clothing: failure of laundry equipment — up to £300.
- Desktop computer equipment | room only — up to £2,500.
- iPads laptops & portable computer equipment | room only — up to £2,500.
- Vacation cover — up to £7,000.
- Personal accident — up to £50,000.
- Credit cards — up to £500.
- Personal money — up to £50.
- University property on loan / library books — up to £750.
- Landlord’s property | tenants liability — up to £5,000.
- Accidental death, injury or illness of a financially supporting parent or guardian — up to £5,000.
- Legal liability — up to £1,000,000.
- Mobile phone | room only - following forcible and violent entry — up to £750.
- Personal possessions from communal areas — up to £1,000.
- Musical instruments | room only — up to £600.
- Contact lenses — up to £150.
Important: You may need to extend the basic policy cover to protect your valuable items such as your mobile phone, iPod, bicycle etc. if you are taking them out and about (travelling to and from university). You can view the optional extensions available to you by looking at 'Optional Extensions'.
We strongly recommend that you read the full terms contained in the policy wording document to see a full list of the terms and conditions that govern your policy with us. These can be downloaded from the Policy Documents tab.
What Is Not Insured:
- The policy excess:
- Computer Equipment: The first £50 of any loss.
- Food spoilage: The first £10 of any loss.
- All other sections: The first £25 of any loss.
- Accidental damage (see optional extensions for cover options)
- Laptops and other gadgets such as tablets outside the room (see optional extensions for cover options)
- Mobile phones outside the room (see optional extensions for cover options)
- Pedal Cycle claims (see optional extensions for cover options)
- Any other items, taken outside the room (see optional extensions for cover options)
- Lost or stolen keys (visit Student Keyprotect if you require insurance for the loss of keys).
- Vehicles and crafts
- Any claims arising from:
- Deliberate or criminal acts by the insured person or their family
- Gradual causes including deterioration or wear and tear
- Computer viruses
Maximum Amounts Payable:
The following categories of items are subject to a maximum amount payable during the period of insurance.
- Personal possessions single item limit — up to £1,250.
- Clothing single item limit — up to £350.
- Jewellery, watches & other valuables single item limit — up to £600.
- Computer equipment — up to £2,500.
- Audio equipment, DVD and video players, computer games consoles, hard drives and other data carrying media single item limit — up to £1,000.
- Computer games, CDs, DVDs, videos, records etc — up to £600.
- Photographic equipment, video cameras and camcorders — up to £1,000.
- Sports equipment — up to £1,000.
- Rented household goods — up to £1,250.
Your Duty of Care
You must, at all times, take all reasonable steps to prevent accidents, loss and damage.
To start the claims process, please complete the correct Claims Form provided below. Before submitting your claim, please read your policy schedule to make sure you are covered and have a valid claim.
Fill out the online claims form here: Make a claim
Phone: 0161 974 1101
Cover4students Claims Team,
Stream Claims Services,
Newcastle under Lyme,
If you have a valid claim, complete apropriate claim form and return it along with:
- Receipts, bills, valuations or repair estimates as appropriate for all claims for loss or damage.
- Full details of accident or injury and early prognosis for personal accident claims.
All claims for theft or loss must be reported to the police.
Policies for the Year up to 30/09/2020.
For Claims related to Emergency Medical Expenses:
Contact the Emergency Assistance Service by Tel: +44 (0) 1733 224 892.
Claims for all other sections:
If you need to make a claim, please obtain a claim form no later than 31 days after the event.
Please telephone White Horse Administration Services Limited on +44 (0) 1733 224 845 or email email@example.com
When you contact us, please ensure that you have the following information available to you, as we will require it to register your claim:
- Policy Number: C4INT/ISH/2017/1
- Your address in the United Kingdom
- Your home address
- Actual or intended travel dates
- Incident date
- Brief circumstances of your claim
- Value of your claim
Please note that your claim may be delayed if you are unable to provide us with the above information.
Our range of top ups allow you to insure the items that are most important to you.
By offering a range of top ups you have the flexibility to chooses the covers that are most important to you, whether that is to add cover for a mobile phone or musical instruments or you just want cover for items outside your accommodation we have an option to suit you. The additional cover options available are listed below:
|Policy Benefit||Included||Upgrade up to|
|Course Fees and Rent Cover||No||£20,000|
|Accidental Damage To Landlords Property | Tenant's Liability||No||£10,000|
|Mobile Phones | Anywhere in the UK |
(plus up to 60 days Worldwide)
|Pedal Cycles | Anywhere in the UK |
(plus up to 60 days in Europe)
|Exam and Coursework Cover||No||£250|
|Photographic Equipment | Anywhere in the UK||No||£1,000|
|Musical Instruments | Anywhere in the UK||No||£3,000|
|Excess Protection Insurance||No||£1,000|
|Specified Items | Anywhere within the UK |
(plus up to 60 days Worldwide)
|Unspecified Items | Anywhere within the UK |
(plus up to 60 days Worldwide)
|Extra Covers For International Students|
|International Student Repatriation||No||Up To £5,000|
Please note that your policy will expire when you move out of your student accommodation or when your Master Policy expires, whichever is sooner. Any extensions you make will also expire with the Master Policy.
Why Extend My Cover?
In order to help you decide if you need to top up your cover, we have devised a few standard questions:
- Are your total possessions worth more than £7,000 (excluding computer equipment)?
If yes, you can extend the cover, up to £14,000 by selecting the personal possessions top-up.
- Do you take possessions outside of your accommodation, (Such as iPods, digital cameras, laptops, iPads etc.)?
If yes, you need to look at either the 'Specified Items' or 'Unspecified Items' section.
- For 'Specified Items' you will need to list the item (s) and value (s) up to a maximum of £3,000.
- For 'Unspecified Items' you can cover personal possessions up to £4,000 in total with a single item limit of £500.
- Is your computer equipment worth more than £2,500?
If yes, you can extend the cover, up to £4,500 by selecting the computer equipment top-up.
- Do you require accidental damage cover?
Accidental damage cover is excluded from the standard cover.
An 'Accidental Damage' extension is available which will cover your 'Audio equipment, Computer Equipment, Games Consoles, Television, Video and DVD players against accidental damage whilst within the accommodation.
Please note that accidental damage cover is automatically included for the following items where a top-up has been purchased:
- Mobile Phone
- Pedal Cycles
- Musical Instruments
- Photographic Equipment
- Items listed under the "Specified Items | Cover Anywhere Within the UK" section
- Items insured under the "Unspecified Items | Cover Anywhere Within the UK" section
- Do you require cover for your pedal cycle?
If yes, you will need to select the pedal cycle extension. This extension will cover your pedal cycle for theft or accidental damage anywhere within the UK up to £1,000.
- Is your pedal cycle worth more than £1,000?
If yes, we can cover your pedal cycle up to £3,000 via our separate standalone pedal cycle product. To get a quote or for more information please click here.
- Do you require cover for your camera equipment?
If yes, you will need to select the camera equipment extension. This extension will cover your camera equipment for theft or accidental damage anywhere within the UK up to £1,000.
- Is your camera equipment worth more than £1,000?
If yes, we can cover your camera equipment up to £5,000 via our separate standalone camera equipment product. To get a quote or for more information please click here.
- Do you require cover for your mobile phone outside your accommodation?
If yes, you will need to select mobile phone extension. This extension will cover your mobile phone for theft or accidental damage anywhere within the UK up to £1,000.
- Do you require cover for your Course Fees?
We offer a Tuition Fees and Rental Protection cover which will cover the cost of your tuition fees or rent if you're medically unable to continue studying your course through sickness or injury up to £20,000.
It is important that you understand that when you extend your cover you are taking out an individual insurance policy in addition to being covered under your University’s/Accommodation Provider’s Block Halls insurance policy.
Information About The UK
Sometimes the simplest information can be the most useful. Therefore please see below some handy information about the UK.
Emergency Services — If you or someone else is in a troublesome situation you may need to call the emergency services. The number is 999 and is free from a UK telephone. The operator will ask if you require the police, fire brigade or an ambulance.
Electricity — The power supply in the UK is 240 volts. Our plug sockets have 3 squared pins. You may need an adapter if your electrical items are a 2 pin plug; these can be picked up from a number of stores.
Opening Hours — Most shops in the UK are open between 9am-5pm Monday – Saturday. Supermarkets tend to open for longer 9am-10pm Monday – Saturday with some even being 24 hour. Supermarkets on a Sunday are generally open 10am-4pm with most shops adopting a similar pattern. Office opening times are generally 9am-5pm.
Weights And Measures — UK roads are measured in miles and the speed is measured in miles per hour. Drinks are measured in pints but for shots we use millilitres. The weight of a person is generally measure in stones and ounces, however most other things are measured using the metric system. For example in a supermarket you would measure food in grams and drinks in litres and the temperature in Degrees Celsius.