Landlord Rent & Legal
Rent and Legal Expenses Protection Insurance For Landlords
What is this type of insurance?
Property Owners’ legal expenses cover, including optional rent guarantee, provides insurance to cover up to £50,000 of advisers’ costs if you become involved in a property dispute or a rent debt recovery. Optional rent guarantee pays a benefit of up to £1,500 per month if your tenant defaults on the rent payment.
- Eviction: Assistance to evict a person who, by virtue of the termination of the tenancy agreement, no longer has permission to occupy the property.
- Rent Recovery: Provides legal costs and expenses in pursuit of an undisputed debt for rent unpaid by your tenant.
- Defence Costs: Defence of your rights if an event arising from you owning or letting the property leads to you being prosecuted in a criminal court.
- Property Legal Disputes: Provides legal costs and expenses in the pursuit or defence of civil disputes relating to the letting of property owned by you, acts or alleged wrongful acts by a tenant which has caused damage to your property, and an infringement of your legal rights relating to the rightful occupation or ownership of the property by you.
- Attendance Expenses: Provides up to £1,000 for any one claim in respect of your actual loss of wages when attending court or tribunal/arbitration hearing as a witness or a defendant at the policyholder’s request.
- Legal Helpline: This policy enables you to use a legal helpline to discuss any legal problem concerning you.
- Optional Rent Guarantee: Provides a monthly rental benefit of up to £1,500 where your tenant fails to pay or defaults on their rent payment.