0161 772 3382

Aberystwyth University

Aberystwyth University

Aberystwyth University logo

If you have been informed by your student accommodation provider that you have Aberystwyth University Package tenancy agreement cover, there is some good news; you automatically have a basic level of insurance cover in place with us.

This insurance will provide a range of cover for your possessions within your accommodation such as cover for your laptop, electrical goods, clothes and sports equipment. This insurance has been arranged by your accommodation provider with Cover4Students.

You will find a summary of the cover in the tabs. We recommend that you download and read the policy schedule and policy wording; ensuring that you understand the cover provided and that it is suitable for your needs.

You may find that you need more cover than is provided already. Don't worry - there is a section below listing the range of optional top up covers that are available. For example, you may wish to insure items outside of your student accommodation such as a laptop or tablet or you may wish to add Mobile Phone Insurance (as Mobiles are excluded from the basic cover).

Enter a free competition to win £500 


How Much Am I Insured For?

Your possessions are insured inside of your accommodation for up to £7,000 in total. In addition a further £2,000 cover is provided for computer equipment (including laptops) within your accommodation.

What Is Covered:

  • Personal possessions within the insured address — up to £10,000
  • Personal possessions within the insured address — up to £15,000 if you live with a partner and/or children
  • Personal possessions within the insured address — up to £15,000 if you are registered as disabled
  • Replacement locks & keys — up to £350
  • Food spoilage: failure of fridge /freezer — up to £75
  • Damage to clothing: failure of laundry equipment — up to £300
  • Computer equipment | room only — up to £2,500
  • Computer equipment | room only — up to £4,500 If you are registered as disabled
  • Vacation cover — up to £10,000
  • Accidental damage — up to £10,000
  • Personal accident — up to £50,000
  • Credit cards — up to £500
  • Personal money — up to £50
  • College | university property on loan — up to £750
  • College | university property on loan — up to £1,000 if you are registered as disabled
  • Landlords property | tenants liability — up to £5,000
  • Accidental death or redundancy of a financially supporting parent or guardian — up to £5,000
  • Legal liability — up to £1,000,000
  • Mobile phone | room only — up to £750
  • Personal possessions from communal areas — up to £1,000
  • Musical instruments — up to £1,500
  • Contact lenses — up to £150
  • Emergency accommodation costs — up to £350
  • Emergency clothing allowance — up to £200

Important: You may need to extend the basic policy cover to protect your valuable items such as your mobile phone, ipod, bicycle etc if you are taking them out and about (travelling to and from university).


We strongly recommend that you read the full terms contained in the policy wording document to see A full list of the terms and conditions that govern your policy with us. These can be downloaded from the Policy Documents / Claims tab.

What Is Not Insured:

  • The policy excess:
    • Computer equipment | room only: The first £50 of any loss.
    • Frozen food spoilage: The first £10 of any loss.
    • All other sections: The first £25 of any loss.
  • Theft from vehicles (except where attended during transit at the beginning and end of each term).
  • Contact lenses.
  • Pedal cycles and mobile telephones (unless basic cover is extended).
  • Cover outside of your accommodation (unless basic cover is extended).

Maximum Amounts Payable:

The following categories of items are subject to a maximum amount payable during the period of insurance.

  • Personal possessions single item limit — up to £1,250
  • Clothing single item limit — up to £350
  • Computer equipment — up to £2,500
  • Jewellery, watches & other valuables — up to £1,250
  • Audio, dvd, video & other data carrying media — up to £1,500
  • Computer games, cds, dvds, videos & records — up to £600
  • Computer accessories — up to £150
  • Photographic equipment, video cameras and camcorders — up to £1,500
  • Sports equipment — up to £1,500
  • Rented household goods — up to £1,250

Your Duty of Care

You must, at all times, take all reasonable steps to prevent accidents, loss and damage.


If you purchase a Top Up Cover to your Blockhalls Insurance from Cover4Students, we will send you an email confirming your purchase of cover and provide you with your personal policy schedule, policy wording and key facts documents. You will also have the option for a printed copy to be sent via post subject to an additional postage premium being paid. We also provide the option below for you to view and download the Master Policy Schedule, Policy Wording and Key Facts documents so that you can view prior to purchase or at any time after.

How to view the policy documents

The policy documents are available as PDFs.

To view these documents you will need a PDF reader.

Download Adobe Reader from the Adobe website or visit Access Adobe for help.

To view your documents, please click on the links below.

Policies For The Year: 2019—20
Adobe PDF Master Policy Schedule (212KB)
Adobe PDF Prif Atodlen Polisi (212KB)
Adobe PDF Policy Wording (494KB)
Adobe PDF Policy IPID (56KB)
Insurance Product Information Document.


To start the claims process, please complete the correct Claims Form provided below. Before submitting your claim, please read your policy schedule to make sure you are covered and have a valid claim.

Fill out the online claims form here: Claims Form

Phone: 0161 974 1101


Cover4students Claims Team,

Stream Claims Services,

Copthall House,

King Street,

Newcastle under Lyme,

ST5 1EL.

If you have a valid claim, complete the claim form with, where possible:

  • Receipts, bills, valuations or repair estimates as appropriate for all claims for loss or damage.
  • Full details of accident or injury and early prognosis for personal accident claims.

All claims for theft or loss must be reported to the police.

Optional Extensions

Our range of top ups allow you to insure the items that are most important to you.

By offering a range of top ups you have the flexibility to chooses the covers that are most important to you, whether that is to add cover for a mobile phone or musical instruments or you just want cover for items outside your accommodation we have an option to suit you. The additional cover options available are listed below:

Policy BenefitIncludedUpgrade up to
Increase Total Contents Cover£10,000£20,000
Increase Computer Equipment Cover£2,500£5,000
Mobile phonesNo£1,000
Pedal cyclesNo£1,000
Criminal AssaultNo£500
Legal ExpensesNo£30,000
Tuition Fees & Rental ProtectionNo£20,000
Specified items (anywhere in the UK)No£3,000
Unspecified Items (anywhere in the UK)No£1,000
Photographic EquipmentNo£1,000
Musical InstrumentsNo£3,000
Digital Download ProtectionNo£1,000
Examination & Coursework CoverNo£250
Accidental DamageNo£7,000
International Student Repatriation CoverNo£5,000
Excess ProtectionNo£1,000

Please note that your policy will expire when you move out of your student accommodation or when your Master Policy expires, whichever is sooner. Any extensions you make will also expire with the Master Policy.

Why Extend My Cover?

In order to help you decide if you need to top up your cover, we have devised a few standard questions:

  1. Are your total possessions worth more than £10,000 (excluding computer equipment)?
    If yes, you can extend the cover up to £20,000 by selecting the personal possessions top up.
  2. Do you take possessions outside of your accommodation? (Such as iPods, digital cameras, laptops, iPads etc.)
    If yes, you need to look at either the 'Specified Items' or 'Unspecified Items' section.
    • For 'Specified Items' you will need to list the item (s) and value (s) up to a maximum of £3,000.
    • For 'Unspecified Items' you can cover personal possessions up to £4,000 in total with a single item limit of £500.
    Please note that musical & orchestral instruments, pedal cycles, photographic equipment and mobile phones cannot be covered under these sections as separate cover sections are available for these items.
  3. Is your computer equipment worth more than £2,500?
    If yes, you can extend the cover up to £5,000 by selecting the computer equipment top up.
  4. Do you require accidental damage cover?
    Accidental damage cover is excluded from the standard cover.
    An 'Accidental Damage' extension is available which will cover your 'Audio equipment, Computer Equipment, Games Consoles, Television, Video and DVD players against accidental damage whilst within the accommodation.
    Please note that accidental damage cover is automatically included for the following items where a top up has been purchased:
    • Mobile Phone
    • Pedal Cycles
    • Musical Instruments
    • Orchestral Instruments
    • Photographic equipment
    • Items listed under the "Specified Items | Cover Anywhere Within the UK" section
    • Items insured under the "Unspecified Items | Cover Anywhere Within the UK" section
  5. Do you require cover for your pedal cycle?
    If yes, you will need to select the pedal cycle extension. This extension will cover your pedal cycle for theft or accidental damage anywhere within the UK up to £1,000.
  6. Is your pedal cycle worth more than £1,000?
    If yes, we can cover your pedal cycle up to £3,000 via our separate standalone pedal cycle product.
    To get a quote or for more information please click here.
  7. Do you require cover for your mobile phone?
    If yes, you will need to select mobile phone extension. This extension will cover your mobile phone for theft or accidental damage anywhere within the UK up to £1,000.
  8. Do you require cover for your Course Fees?
    We offer a Tuition Fees and Rental Protection cover which will cover the cost of your tuition fees or rent if you're medically unable to continue studying your course through sickness or injury up to £20,000.

It is important that you understand that when you extend your cover you are taking out an individual insurance policy in addition to being covered under your University’s/Accommodation Provider’s Block Halls insurance policy.

We have updated our Cookie Policy and our Privacy policy. Cookies are used to ensure we provide the best customer experience. Continued use of this website assumes your acceptance of these policies.