Aparto Student Accommodation UK
If you're living in aparto student accommodation and have received a Cover4Student Leaflet in your welcome pack, there is some good news; you automatically have a basic level of insurance cover in place with us.
This insurance will provide a range of cover for your possessions within your accommodation such as cover for your laptop, electrical goods, clothes and sports equipment. This insurance has been arranged by aparto with Cover4Students.
You will find a summary of the cover in the tabs. We recommend that you download and read the policy schedule and policy wording; ensuring that you understand the cover provided and that it is suitable for your needs.
You may find that you need more cover than is provided already. Don't worry - there is a section tab above listing the range of optional top up covers that are available. For example, you may wish to insure items outside of your student accommodation such as a laptop,tablet or Mobile Phone (as cover for items outside of your accommodation is excluded from the basic cover).
For students resident in Aparto Student Accommodation Ireland click here.
Enter a free competition to win £500
How Much Am I Insured For?
Your possessions are insured inside of your accommodation for up to £6,000 in total. This is extended to £7,000 if you live with a partner and/or children or if you are registered disabled. In addition a further £2,500 cover is provided for computer equipment within your accommodation, extended to £4,500 if you are registered disabled.
What Is Covered:
- Personal possessions within the insured address — up to £6,000.
- Personal possessions within the insured address if you are registered disabled — up to £7,000.
- Personal possessions within the insured address if you live with a partner and/or children — up to £7,000.
- Replacement locks & keys — up to £350, following damage resulting from burglary.
- Food spoilage: failure of fridge /freezer — up to £75 following mechanical failure of fridge/freezer.
- Damage to clothing: failure of laundry equipment — up to £300.
- Computer equipment | room only (including laptops and tablets) — up to £2,500 in total, £4,500 if you are registered disabled.
- Vacation cover — up to £6,000, for theft from forcible entry.
- Personal Accident — up to £10,000, on a scale of benefits.
- Credit cards — up to £500, for theft from your room following forcible entry.
- Personal money — up to £50, for theft from your room following forcible entry.
- College / university property on loan (including library books) — up to £500.
- Landlords property - tenants liability — up to £5,000.
- Accidental death or redundancy of a financially supporting parent or guardian — up to £5,000.
- Legal liability — up to £1,000,000 for injury to others or damage to their property.
- Mobile phone | room only (forced entry only) — up to £750 in total.
- Personal possessions from communal areas — up to £1,000.
- Musical instruments | room only — up to £1,000 in total.
- Contact lenses — up to £150 in total.
- Pedal Cycle | accommodation only - up to £500, when locked in the accommodations designated cycle storage facility.
Important: You may need to extend the basic policy cover to protect your valuable items such as your mobile phone, iPod, bicycle etc. if you are taking them out and about (travelling to and from university). You can view the optional extensions available to you by looking at 'Optional Extensions'.
We strongly recommend that you read the full terms contained in the policy wording document to see a full list of the terms and conditions that govern your policy with us. These can be downloaded from the Policy Documents tab.
What Is Not Insured:
- The policy excess:
- Computer Equipment: The first £50.
- Food spoilage: The first £10 of any loss.
- All other sections: The first £25 of any loss.
- Theft from vehicles (except where attended during transit at the beginning and end of each term).
- Cover outside of your accommodation (unless basic cover is extended).
- Accidental damage (unless basic cover is extended).
Maximum Amounts Payable:
The following categories of items are subject to a maximum amount payable during the period of insurance.
- Possessions single item limit — £1,250.
- Clothing single item limit - £350.
- Jewellery, watches and other valuables — up to £600 in total.
- Computer equipment — up to £2,500 in total.
- Computer Accessories — up to £150.
- Music, video, DVD, software and other data carrying media - up to £1,000 in total.
- Computer games, CDs, DVDs, Videos, Records - up to £600 in total.
- Photographic equipment, video cameras and camcorders— up to £1,000 in total.
- Sports equipment - up to £1,000 in total.
- Musical Instruments - up to £1,000 in total.
- Pedal cycles - up to £500 in total.
Your Duty of Care
You must, at all times, take all reasonable steps to prevent accidents, loss and damage.
If you purchase a Top Up Cover to your Blockhalls Insurance from Cover4Students, we will send you an email confirming your purchase of cover and provide you with your personal policy schedule, policy wording and key facts documents. You will also have the option for a printed copy to be sent via post subject to an additional postage premium being paid. We also provide the option below for you to view and download the Master Policy Schedule, Policy Wording and Key Facts documents so that you can view prior to purchase or at any time after.
How to view the policy documents
The policy documents are available as PDFs.
To view these documents you will need a PDF reader.
Download Adobe Reader from the Adobe website or visit Access Adobe for help.
To view your documents, please click on the links below.
Master Policy Schedule (201KB)
Policy Wording (981KB)
Policy IPID† (188KB)† Insurance Product Information Document.
How to Claim– Full details of how to make a claim can be found in your policy wording. To start the claims process, please complete the UK Claims Form provided below.
Download a Claims Form:
Call our Claims Department
You can contact our claims department directly on 0142 223 8530 to register your claim. Or once you've submitted your claims form, if you have any queries or would like an claim update.
Before submitting your form please read your policy schedule to make sure you have a valid claim and you're covered.
You can send your completed form via email to email@example.com.
Or in the post:
Direct Group Property Nexus,
PO Box 800,
Our range of top ups allow you to insure the items that are most important to you.
By offering a range of top ups you have the flexibility to chooses the covers that are most important to you, whether that is to add cover for a mobile phone or musical instruments or you just want cover for items outside your accommodation we have an option to suit you. The additional cover options available are listed below:
Orchestral Instruments | Anywhere within The UK
|Policy Benefit||Included||Upgrade up to|
|Course Fees and Rent Cover||No||£20,000|
|Mobile Phones | Anywhere within the UK||No||£500|
|Pedal Cycles | Anywhere within the UK||No||£500|
|Exam and Coursework Cover||No||£250|
|Orchestral Instruments | Anywhere within The UK||No||£3,000|
|Musical Instruments | Anywhere within the UK||No||£3,000|
|Specified Items | Anywhere within the UK||No||£3,000|
|Unspecified Items | Anywhere within the UK||No||£1,000|
Please note that your policy will expire when you move out of your student accommodation or when your Master Policy expires, whichever is sooner. Any extensions you make will also expire with the Master Policy.
Why Extend My Cover?
In order to help you decide if you need to top up your cover, we have devised a few standard questions:
- Are your total possessions worth more than £6,000 (excluding computer equipment)?
If yes, you can extend the cover up to £8,000 by selecting the personal possessions top up.
- Do you take possessions outside of your accommodation, (Such as iPods, digital cameras, laptops, iPads etc.)?
If yes, you need to look at either the 'Specified Items' or 'Unspecified Items' section.
- For 'Specified Items' you will need to list the item (s) and value (s) up to a maximum of £3,000.
- For 'Unspecified Items' you can cover personal possessions up to £1,000 in total with a single item limit of £250.
- Is your computer equipment worth more than £2,500?
If yes, you can extend the cover up to £4,000 by selecting the computer equipment top up.
- Do you require accidental damage cover?
Accidental damage cover is excluded from the standard cover.
An 'Accidental Damage' extension is available which will cover your 'Audio equipment, Computer Equipment, Games Consoles, Television, Video and DVD players against accidental damage whilst within the accommodation.
Please note that accidental damage cover is automatically included for the following items where a top up has been purchased:
- Mobile Phone
- Pedal Cycles
- Orchestral Instruments
- Musical Instruments
- Items listed under the "Specified Items | Cover Anywhere Within the UK" section
- Items insured under the "Unspecified Items | Cover Anywhere Within the UK" section
- Do you require cover for your pedal cycle?
If yes, you will need to select the pedal cycle extension. This extension will cover your pedal cycle for theft or accidental damage anywhere within the UK up to £500.
- Is your pedal cycle worth more than £500?
If yes, we can cover your pedal cycle up to £3,000 via our separate standalone pedal cycle product. To get a quote or for more information please click here.
- Do you require cover for your mobile phone outside your accommodation?
If yes, you will need to select mobile phone extension. This extension will cover your mobile phone for theft or accidental damage anywhere within the UK up to £500.
- Do you require cover for your Course Fees?
We offer a Tuition Fees and Rental Protection cover which will cover the cost of your tuition fees or rent if you're medically unable to continue studying your course through sickness or injury up to £20,000.
It is important that you understand that when you extend your cover you are taking out an individual insurance policy in addition to being covered under your University’s/Accommodation Provider’s Block Halls insurance policy.
Not in Halls?
If you are a student at aparto but won't be living in accommodation managed by them this year, you won't be covered by this scheme.
However, we're offering a 10% off our Student Possessions Insurance for former aparto student residents who are living in private accommodation. Just click on the link below where the 10% discount will be applied:
If you're a former aparto student resident or have graduated and would still like cover for your personal possessions and contents, we can also offer 10% off our tenant insurance. Just click the link below for a quote, the discount will be applied automatically: