International Student House
International Student House
If you're a student from overseas who is studying in the UK and staying in accommodation arranged by International Student House there is some good news. International Student House have arranged a specific travel insurance policy with Cover4insurance.com that is insured by White Horse Insurance Ireland dac.
The policy provides cover whilst you study in the UK and also provides cover for:
Any journey made by you during the period of insurance (but excluding one way trips or journeys) which relates to either:
- Your inward and outward direct trips to and from your home at the beginning and end of each academic term; and/or
- A trip outside the United Kingdom if it is a required part of your study course, which starts and ends in the United Kingdom; and/or
- A leisure trip within Europe, which starts and ends in the United Kingdom, for a period not exceeding 21 days in total in each period of insurance.
You will find a summary of the cover below. We recommend that you download and read the policy schedule and policy wording; ensuring that you understand the cover that's been provided.
What Is Covered
- Cancellation & Curtailment - up to £3,000.
- Excursions - up to £250.
- Course Fees - up to £8,000.
- Emergency Medical & Other Expenses - up to £2,000,000.
- Repatriation - up to £750,000.
- Emergency Dental Treatment - up to £500.
- Burial Costs / Body Repatriation - up to £3,000.
- Baggage - up to £4,000.
- Single article limit - £250.
- Valuables limit - up to £300 in total.
- Computer Equipment/ Laptops - up to £1,000.
- Personal Money, Passport & Documents - up to £500.
- Travel & Accommodation Expenses - up to £500.
- Missed Departure - up to £250.
- Personal Accident - up to £30,000.
- Death (Insured person aged under 16) - £1,000.
- Death (Insured Person aged 16- 64) - £30,000.
- Death (Insured Person aged 65+) - £1,000.
- Loss of one or more limbs and/or loss of sight in one or both eyes (Insured Person aged 64 and under) - £30,000.
- Permanent total disablement (Insured Person aged 64 and under) - £30,000.
- Personal Liability - up to £1,000,000.
- Overseas Legal Expenses & Assistance - up to £10,000.
Important Conditions in relation to your health
This insurance is designed to cover you for unforeseen events, accidents and serious illnesses occurring during the period ofinsurance. No claim arising directly or indirectly from any pre-existing medical condition(s) will be covered.
In addition, this policy will not cover you if you:
- travel against the advice of a Medical Practitioner (or would be travelling against the advice of a Medical Practitionerhad you sought his/her advice);
- are travelling with the intention of obtaining medical treatment (including surgery or investigation) or advice;
- have any undiagnosed symptoms that require attention or investigation in the future - (symptoms for which you are awaiting investigation/consultation, or are awaiting results of investigations, where the underlying cause has not been established).
This policy is only available to you if you if:
- You are an international student (or immediate family travelling with an international student) studying for a degree or other recognised qualification at a College or University in the United Kingdom or studying a language course at an accredited language school in the United Kingdom.
- You are registered with a Medical Practitioner in the United Kingdom either:
- at the time of purchase of the policy, or
- prior to any medical claim.
- You are aged 65 or under at the time of purchase of the policy.
We strongly recommend that you read the policy wording document to see a full list of the terms and conditions that apply to your policy with us. These can be downloaded from the Policy Documents tab.
Who is insured under this policy?
All students who are insured under this policy, that have declared their full name, date of birth and dates of travel to International Student House and are specified on the Insurance Schedule that has been issued by Cover4insurance to International Student House.
If you wish to check that you are insured under this policy, please contact International Student House directly on +44 (0)20 7631 8310.
How to view the policy documents
You can access the documents by following the links below. Please contact us if you cannot view them.
For Claims related to Emergency Medical Expenses:
Contact the Emergency Assistance Service by Tel: +44 (0) 1733 224 892.
Claims for all other sections:If you need to make a claim, please obtain a claim form no later than 31 days after the event.
Please telephone White Horse Administration Services Limited on +44(0) 1733 224 845 or email firstname.lastname@example.org
When you contact us, please ensure that you have the following information available to you, as we will require it to register your claim:
- Policy Number: C4INT/ISH/2017/1
- Your address in the United Kingdom
- Your home address
- Actual or intended travel dates
- Incident date
- Brief circumstances of your claim
- Value of your claim
Please note that your claim may be delayed if you are unable to provide us with the above information.