Extend Your Cover With Cover4insurance
- Award Winning Service
- UK Based Customer Support
- Contact Us Via Web Or Call 0161 772 3392
- Specialist Student Possessions Insurance
- Over 20 Years In Business
If you're living in a residence provided through VervLife there is some good news; you automatically have a basic level of insurance cover in place with us. This insurance will provide a range of cover for your possessions within your accommodation such as cover for your laptop, electrical goods, clothes, sports equipment and frozen food. This insurance has been arranged by VervLife with Cover4insurance, for individuals and co-habiting couples and families.
You will find a summary of the VervLife cover in the tabs. We recommend that you download and read the policy schedule and policy wording; ensuring that you understand the cover provided and that it is suitable for your needs.
You may find that you need more cover than is arranged, already, by VervLife. Don't worry – there is a section below listing the range of optional top up covers that are available.
For example, you may wish to insure items outside of your accommodation such as a laptop or tablet, or you may wish to add Mobile Phone Insurance (as Mobiles are excluded from the basic cover).
Get exclusive access to our Benefits Hub where you can access discounts up to 75% off well-known brands.
Enter a free competition to win £500
By confirming your cover you get access to our Benefits Hub where you can access discounts up to 75% off well-known brands.
Students staying with one of our accommodation providers get contents insurance automatically included. To check your cover request your policy schedule and policy wording with Cover4Insurance below.
Once registered you will be:
- Emailed your policy documents.
- Entered into a free prize draw with a chance of winning £500† winner to be announced in early November 2023.
- Provided exclusive access to our Benefits Hub where you can access a huge variety of savings and discounts across many reputable retailers.
- You will be sent a 10% discount code for our Student Possessions Insurance when this policy expires.
How Much Am I Insured For?
Your personal possessions are insured inside of your accommodation for up to £10,000 (if you live with a partner and/or children or if you are registered as disabled, sum insured is increased to £12,000) in total. In addition, a further £2,500 cover is provided for computer equipment (including laptops) within your accommodation (if you are registered as disabled, the sum insured is increased to £4,500).
What Is Covered:
This cover does not include lost keys; visit Keyprotect if you require insurance for lost keys.
Important: You may need to extend the basic policy cover to protect your valuable items such as your mobile phone, iPod, bicycle etc. if you are taking them out and about (travelling to and from university).
We strongly recommend that you read the policy wording document to see a full list of the terms and conditions that apply to your policy with us. These can be downloaded from the Policy Documents / Claims tab.
What Is Not Insured:
- The policy excess:
- Food spoilage – £10.
- Desktop computer equipment | room only – £50.
- Desktop computer equipment | room only for students registered as disabled and have equipment provided through the DSA – Nil.
- Ipads laptops & portable computer equipment | room only – £50.
- Ipads laptops & portable computer equipment | room only for students registered as disabled and have equipment provided through the DSA – Nil.
- Pedal cycles valued over £1,000† – 10% of the pedal cycle value.
- Photographic equipment valued over £1,000‡ – 10% of the photographic equipment value.
- All other sections – £25.
- Lost or stolen keys (visit Student Keyprotect if you require insurance for the loss of keys).
- Theft from vehicle (except where attended during transit at the beginning and end of each university term).
- Pedal cycles (unless the basic cover is extended).
- Photographic equipment (unless the basic cover is extended).
- Cover outside of your accommodation (unless the basic cover is extended).
Maximum Amounts Payable:
The following categories of items are subject to a maximum amount payable during the period of insurance.
- Personal possessions single item limit — up to £1,500.
- Clothing single item limit — up to £1,000.
- Jewellery, watches & other valuables single item limit — up to £600.
- Desktop computer equipment | room only — up to £2,500.
- iPads laptops & portable computer equipment | room only — up to £2,500.
- Computer equipment — up to £2,500.
- Computer accessories — up to £150.
- Audio equipment, DVD and video players, computer games consoles, hard drives and other data carrying media single item limit — up to £1,000.
- Computer games, CDs, DVDs, videos, records etc — up to £1,000.
- Photographic equipment, video cameras and camcorders — up to £1,500.
- Sports equipment — up to £1,500.
- Rented household goods — up to £1,250.
Your Duty of Care
You must, at all times, take all reasonable steps to prevent accidents, loss and damage.
To start the claims process, please complete the correct Claims Form provided below. Before submitting your claim, please read your policy schedule to make sure you are covered and have a valid claim.
Fill out the online claims form here: Make a claim.
Phone: 0161 974 1101
Cover4students Claims Team,
Stream Claims Services,
Newcastle under Lyme,
If you have a valid claim obtain a claim form from cover4students.com. Complete and return it along with:
- Receipts, bills, valuations or repair estimates as appropriate for all claims for loss or damage.
- Full details of accident or injury and early prognosis for personal accident claims.
All claims for theft or loss must be reported to the police.
Our range of top ups allow you to insure the items that are most important to you.
By offering a range of top ups you have the flexibility to chooses the covers that are most important to you, whether that is to add cover for a mobile phone or musical instruments or you just want cover for items outside your accommodation we have an option to suit you. The additional cover options available are listed below:
|Upgrade up to
|Course Fees and Rent Cover
|Accidental Damage To Landlords Property | Tenant's Liability
|Mobile Phones | Anywhere in the UK
(plus up to 60 days Worldwide)
|Pedal Cycles | Anywhere in the UK
(plus up to 60 days in Europe)
|Exam and Coursework Cover
|Photographic Equipment | Anywhere in the UK
(plus up to 60 days Worldwide)
|Musical Instruments | Anywhere in the UK
|Excess Protection Insurance
|Specified Items | Anywhere within the UK
(plus up to 60 days Worldwide)
|Unspecified Items | Anywhere within the UK
(plus up to 60 days Worldwide)
|Extra Covers For International Students
|International Student Repatriation
|Up To £5,000
Please note that your policy will expire when you move out of your student accommodation or when your Master Policy expires, whichever is sooner. Any extensions you make will also expire with the Master Policy.
Why Extend My Cover?
In order to help you decide if you need to top up your cover, we have devised a few standard questions:
- Do you take possessions outside of your accommodation, (Such as iPods, laptops, iPads, Air Pods, Watches, etc.)?
If yes, you need to look at either the 'Specified Items' or 'Unspecified Items' section.
- For 'Specified Items' you will need to list the item (s) and value (s) up to a maximum of £3,000.
- For 'Unspecified Items' you can cover personal possessions up to £4,000 in total with a single item limit of £500.
- Is your computer equipment worth more than £2,500?
If yes, you can extend the cover up to £4,500 by selecting the computer equipment top up.
- Do you require cover for your pedal cycle?
If yes, you will need to select the pedal cycle extension. This extension will cover your pedal cycle for theft or accidental damage anywhere within the UK up to £3,000.
- Do you require cover for your camera equipment?
If yes, you will need to select the photographic equipment extension. This extension will cover your camera equipment for theft or accidental damage anywhere within the UK up to £5,000.
- Do you require cover for your mobile phone?
If yes, you will need to select mobile phone extension. This extension will cover your mobile phone for theft or accidental damage anywhere within the UK up to £1,000.
- Do you require cover for your Course Fees?
We offer a Tuition Fees and Rental Protection cover which will cover the cost of your tuition fees or rent if you're medically unable to continue studying your course through sickness or injury up to £20,000.
It is important that you understand that when you extend your cover you are taking out an individual insurance policy in addition to being covered under your University’s/Accommodation Provider’s Block Halls insurance policy.
Not In Halls?
If you are a student but won't be living in accommodation managed by VervLife this year, you won't be covered by this scheme.
However, we're offering a 10% off our Student Possessions Insurance for former residents of VervLife who are living in private accommodation. Just click on the link below where the 10% discount will be applied:
If you're a former VervLife resident who have graduated and would still like cover for your personal possessions and contents, we can also offer 10% off our tenant insurance. Just click the link below for a quote, the discount will be applied automatically: