Student Insurance Essentials
At Cover4students we are always looking at student lifestyles and how we can develop our insurance for students to match the student's insurance requirements.
From feedback gathered over a number of years, it is clear that, as a result of numerous factors, not all students wish to insure all their personal possessions under one all-encompassing policy. Students have often got a level of insurance elsewhere, such as:
- With the University Halls of Residence which is automatically included as part of their accommodation.
- Covered by Parents home insurance for contents in your university halls.
- Already covered by another student insurance policy for your possessions but need to extend the cover for a new item or your current policy can't cover the item you wish to insure.
- Not leaving home and only require cover while travelling to and from university.
Whatever the reason we designed our insurance for students product cover to match these needs. We can now offer a flexible student insurance policy so that you can insure as many or as few items as you wish.
So whether it's the latest gadget, mobile phone or laptop we can cover it. We can also offer insurance for students, just for tuition / course fees or protection against the cost to resit an exam please see the tabs for a list of what we can cover.
Why choose Cover4Students?
- Specialist Student Insurance
- New for Old cover
- Single or Multiple Cover Options
- Covers your items for theft & accidental damage anywhere within the UK
- Instant cover available
Our student product insurance has been designed so that you can just cover your essential items if you do not wish to take out a full student possessions policy. Our options include:
- Computer equipment anywhere within the UK up to £3,000.
- Tuition fees and rental protection up to £20,000.
- Accidental damage up to £10,000 for audio equipment, camera equipment, computer equipment, games consoles, television, video and DVD players owned by you within your insured address.
- Personal Accident cover up to £50,000.
- Mobile phone cover anywhere within the UK up to £1,000.
- Pedal cycles cover anywhere within the UK up to £3,000.
- Digital Download cover up to £2,000.
- Examination and coursework cover up to £1,000.
- Orchestral instruments anywhere within the UK up to £3,000.
- Musical instruments anywhere within the UK up to £3,000.
- Specified items anywhere within the UK up to £3,000.
- Unspecified items anywhere within the UK up to £1,500.
- Excess protection insurance cover up to £1,000.
We make it easy
You can get a student insurance quote in seconds; With a flat rating structure, it means that it is the same rate wherever you live in the UK, whether that’s London, Cardiff, Edinburgh or Belfast it's all the same. So in order to get a price all we need to know is the section you wish to insure and the amount of cover you require. Student insurance can be taken out instantly and policy documents will be emailed to you, we also offer a 14 day cooling off period, meaning if you decide for any reason that the student insurance policy does not meet your requirements, within the first 14 days after purchase. We offer a full refund of your student insurance premium if you decide to cancel provided no claim has been made or pending – so don’t delay, get cover today.
If you purchase Student Product Insurance from Cover4Students, we will send you an email confirming your purchase of cover and provide you with your personal student product insurance policy schedule, policy wording and policy summary documents. You will also have the option for a printed copy to be sent via post subject to an additional postage premium being paid. We also provide the option below for you to view and download the Student Product Insurance — Policy Wording and Policy Summary documents, so that you can view prior to purchase or at any time after.
How to view the policy documents
The insurance for students policy documents are available as PDFs. To view these documents you will need a PDF reader. Download Adobe Reader from the
Adobe website or visit Access Adobe for help. To view your documents, please click on the links below:
|Policies Purchased after 01/08/2019||Policies Purchased up to 01/08/2019|
|Policy Wording||Claims Form||Policy Wording|
|Policy IPID†||Policy IPID†|
For all claims except Legal Expenses claims:
Please fill in a claims form: Claims Form
Cover4students.com will deal with all claims. You must refer all correspondence and telephone enquiries to cover4students.com at the following address:
Cover4students Claims Team,
Stream Claims Services,
Newcastle under Lyme,
Telephone: 0161 974 1101
Check your student's contents insurance policy to ensure that the cause of the loss or damage is covered. Your schedule will show which cover sections are operative.
Please include the following details:
- Receipts, bills, valuations or repair estimates as appropriate for all claims for loss or damage.
- Full details of accident or injury and early prognosis for personal accident claims.
All claims for theft or loss must be reported to the police.
For all Legal Expenses claims:
Legal Claims Notification & Advice Helpline Service: - 01384 887575
We will not accept responsibility if the Claims Notification and Advice Helpline Services fail for reasons beyond our control.